I have been thinking about things I love, things I want to do, and things I feel like I just have to do.
The idea has been around for a while and I want to experience more of life, so why not set some big, audacious goals? Some of them won’t surprise you but others may leave you with the urge to raise an eyebrow or two.
Start date: Wednesday, 25 November 2020
End date: Wednesday, 23 August 2023
Let’s get on with this list!
- Get my Masters degree.
- Read 101 books (8/101).
- Visit the zoo.
- Go on a ~romantic~ brunch date (because ya girl loves pancakes).
- Go skydiving.
- Attend the writer’s festival..
- Visit Queenstown.
- Take my son camping.
- Create a summer family tradition.
- Hike the Pinnacles.
- Hit 1,000 blog followers.
- Create my own full moon ritual.
- Join a book club.
- Join a social sport.
- Go to the open air cinemas.
- Reread the Harry Potter series.
Get a matching tattoo: completed 26 January 2021
- Write a letter to “my younger self”.
- Go on an overnight trip. Alone.
- Go to a comedy night.
- Go ice-skating.
- Dine in the dark.
- Hit 10,000 steps every day for one month (0/28).
- Complete a training plan.
- Own a Nespresso machine.
- Pay for someone’s coffee order.
- Completely disconnect for 24 hours.
- Complete Dry July.
- Finish a Colour Run.
Take myself on a date: completed 13 February 2021 Have an old-fashioned sleepover: completed 25 November 2020
- Try an F45 class.
- Become a mentor.
- Go glamping.
- Go horse riding.
- Nude photoshoot.
- Explore Waiheke Island.
- Go strawberry picking.
- No takeout coffee for one month.
- Make my bed every day for one month (15/28).
- Try a new recipe every week for a month.
- ‘No shopping’ month.
- Declutter challenge.
- Go to a yoga event.
Stay in bed past 10:00am: completed 6 December 2020
- Send Christmas cards.
- Get a pet.
- Take my son to the Easter show.
- And a Christmas parade.
- Change my hair colour.
- Go on a picnic.
- Launch an interview series on the blog.
- Skinny dip.
- Get a real Christmas tree.
- Visit a new city/town.
- Cook every recipe in a cookbook.
- Visit the Sky Tower.
- Photoshoot with my son.
- Create a happiness/gratitude jar (and reread the moments after one year).
- Go on a winery tour.
- Fish & chips on the beach.
- Keep a plant alive.
- Stay awake for 24 hours.
- Helicopter ride.
- Get my first aid certificate.
- Attend a concert.
Get my nails done:completed 22 January 2021
- S’mores with a campfire.
- Meditate for one month.
- Go whale watching.
- Attend a live sporting event.
- Surprise my grandparents.
Play mini golf:completed 11 December 2020
- Create something from scratch.
- Go cage diving.
- Take a pole dancing class.
- Take a self-defense class.
- See the snow.
- Attend a bottomless brunch.
- Cultivate a journalling practice.
- Climb Mount Maunganui.
- And Mount Te Aroha.
- Mail 10 snail mail letters to friends/family.
- Visit an art gallery/museum.
- Find that illusive “perfect” pair of jeans.
- New Years kiss.
- Try the damn pumpkin spice latte.
Buy myself flowers:completed 17 January 2021 Participate in a secret Santa:completed 11 December 2020
- Have someone do a tarot reading for me.
- See the sunrise and sunset from the same beach.
- Get a professional massage.
- Spontaneous roadtrip.
- Learn the phonetic alphabet.
- Have a piece published on a blog/website.
- Spend a night on the water.
- Finish an adult colouring book.
- Draft a book.
- Complete all 101 goals!